Employer: SOS International, LLC
Location Overseas - Iraq
SOS International, LLC is seeking an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)-PRN for a rotation relief of 2 periods of 45 days/year or one period of 90 days/year. The Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) is clinically supervised by the site medical director or other physician extenders on the work site and ultimately reports to the SOSI Program Manager. The EMT will be assigned to treat patients in any of the following settings: (1) the Pre-Hospital setting in response to a call for emergent medical care from anywhere on the camp, (2) the SOSI medical clinics and assists in examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a physician or physician assistant.
Interviews patients, measures vital signs (i.e., pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height), and records the information on patients' charts.
The EMT will perform within their Scope of Practice those emergency skills, such as managing respiratory, trauma, and cardiac emergencies, and patient assessment. EMT will use and maintain common emergency equipment, such as backboards, suction devices, splints, oxygen delivery systems, and stretchers.
All services shall be provided in accordance with established health care standards, principles and ethics of the medical profession.
SOSI will provide institutional malpractice insurance as well as individual malpractice policies for the EMT care providers.
Essential Job Duties:
• Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients
• Provides care to patients and could assist patients with personal hygiene, nutrition, comfort, and safety
• Maintains comfortable, orderly, safe, and clean environment
• Prepares patients for examinations. Provides routine information related to medical treatments and procedures
• Measures and records vital signs, collects specimens, and escorts patients and visitors
• Prepares examining rooms, selects and lays out medical supplies, maintains medical equipment
• Records and reports patient information. Retrieves laboratory test results and patient files
• Orders and maintains inventory of supplies
• Performs clerical functions related to medical activities
• The EMT will document care delivered and follow up care required
• Attends and participates in a variety of meetings and task force groups to improve quality and outcomes, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specific level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, new task efforts, and new policy requirements
• Maintains the highest regard for patient dignity and observe the precepts of the American Hospital Associations Bill of Rights for patients
• Other duties as assigned
• High School diploma, GED or equivalent education required
• A minimum of 3 years of experience is required
• Holds and maintains a current unrestricted U.S. (State) Paramedic license
• Completed an approved Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) course, and certification as a EMT
• Received additional education and training in anatomy and physiology as well as advanced medical skills
• Clinical and EMT field experience
• Familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the Para-Medicine medical field
• Sufficient EMT or related experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
• Certification by the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NRAEMT) PLUS a State EMT License OR State AEMT License, ACLS, PALS, PHTLS and CPR
• Maintains current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS), Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC)
• Associate degree from a community college or technical school sufficient to prepare for the NRAEMT examination is particularly desirable
• Living and working conditions at the assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable
• Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions
• Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions