Closing date: 17 Oct 2016
USAID’s Maternal and Child Survival Program is hiring a Regional Field Coordinator for the MCSP project. The Regional Coordinator is responsible for the management and oversight of the MCSP Haiti field office in Cap-Haitian, including staff safety and security. The Regional Field Coordinator of all operations including technical, programs, administration, logistics, procurement, budgeting, finance and compliance, property, and oversight of grants. The Regional Field Coordinator must ensure that implementation is in accordance with USG and MCSP regulations and procedures. The Regional Field Coordinator works closely with the Technical Director, Program Manager, Senior Finance Officer, Grants officer and with the embedded DDS staff to ensure that MCSP Haiti partners are compliant. HE/ She supervises the Departmental Program Officers, and Cap Haitian based administrative/ finance personnel. This position will report directly to the Chief of Party ( Based in Port-au-Prince.) This position is based in Cap Haitian.
Leadership and Accountability
Work with the Cap Haitian based Technical Director and Program Manager to provide strong leadership for, and oversee the strategic planning of field activities in support of the program goals and objectives, including supporting program priorities; ensuring that all logistical assets are well-maintained and adequate for field operations; that staff safety and security is enforced; and that staff compensation and advances are systematically prepared and reconciled in a timely manner.
Represent the Cap MCSP office in various meetings with partners.
Collaboration and Coordination
Maintain good working relationships with DDS and NGO partners to facilitate program operations.
Ensure coordination of all departments, and between the Cap Haitian and Port-au- Prince MCSP
Coordinate and communicate with COP on regular basis to inform him of operations and any challenges in CAP.
Work with Technical Director to develop monthly field activities, including detailed travel plans
Ensure efficient, compliant and responsive finance and administrative operations
Manage Field office bank account and treasury
Work with finance and project staff to develop and track project budgets, including DDS budgets
and all effort and effort reporting, relating to the work DDS Prestataires
Directly supervise the Departmental Program Officers
Provide support to the finance, Administrative and grants team to ensure efficient and appropriate operations
Work with Senior Finance Officer to facilitate monthly review of field office operations and burn rate;
· MBA with good general understanding of public health issues in Haiti, particulary with regard to Hiv, ,maternal, newborn and child health, immunization, family planning and reproductive health, nutrition, health systems strengthening, water/ sanitation/ hygiene, Zika and malaria.
· Excellent financial management skills.
· Strong proven leadership and management abilities, including managing field offices
· Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
· Excellent English writing, data collection, analysis and reporting skills.
· Knowledge of US Government policies and procedures in regards to contract management, financial reporting, procurement processes, systems, and grants and contracts management.
· Fluent in English and French with excellent interpersonal skills required to work closely with MSPP and USAID ( Haitian Creole proficiency also preferred)
· Ability and willingness to travel regionally for sites supervision and meeting 30% of time
· Excellent leadership and supervisory skills, inspiring teamwork and motivating staff and partners to achieve results
This is a local position based in Cap Haitian
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are qualified and would like to apply for this position, please apply at MCSPHaiti@gmail.com by Oct 17, 2016. For further information on USAID’s Maternal and Child Survival Program, please go to www.mcsprogram.org